We are so enjoying no responsibilities, and yesterday ate at open air restaurants, looking at the surf come in. Last night I had fresh prawns, actually the first meat of any type that I have eaten and split a beer. Delish. It was fascinating to watch the waves come in and then the one going back out met with the one coming in, it was like a quick zip-splash all along, like dominoes falling. The breeze is great and we are reading, Claire splashing in the surf and sitting on the beach. It is the first time that we can let down our guard a bit and that is so great.
Reece and Andrea, I hope your packing is going well, and I am so looking forward to seeing your house when I get back. Good luck with the move! Photos coming soon! REALLY!
Hi Amy and Ellen (and Emma), I know that it is no fun to be sick so hope you feel better soon. Look up the beaches of Kerala and the town of Kovalum, that is where we are, with fishing boats setting off from our beach every morning! The tip of India. I know you will get a great grade on that paper!
Love - Mom/Linda and Claire :)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah, the beach, the marvelous ocean! I have always been soothed by the beach and used to have a tape of the surf sound that I'd listen to at night to relax so I could sleep. I'm soooo glad you are some place warm! Indeed, I've always believed that a two-week respite from winter, a defrosting, was great medicine for my soul. I've toyed with the idea of trying to add a wood-burning stove to my little abode so I could crank up the heat that way. But as you know, space is of the essence in our "cozy" house. Whenever I think of how small this house is and I feel frustration creeping up about my lack of space, I think of Elle saying what a cozy little house it is. It makes me smile and chill out.
ReplyDelete