Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Few India Photos!

Sunset taken from our dinner restaurant shown below. The perfect time to watch the sun, have dinner and an adult beverage. Life is good.
Claire at our favorite restaurant, Waves, looking out at the ocean.

Claire and I Kovalum Style. (Silk skirts for about $2.50!) No jokes about my arms!

Swamiji and Claire at the Ashram, bringing gifts from our trip and discussions about freedom.



The view from our balcony at the Seaflower Inn in Kovalam, in the Southern State of Kerala.

Going to work, Delhi Style. Claire and Khalu Balu at the Ashram. He was so happy to see her.

Claire driving the bicycle Rickshaw!

Here is Claire at the Taj Mahal, before she drove the rickshaw!

Anything can be transported by Bicycle! There are beautiful flowers being taking for sale in the morning in Delhi.
Well, the photos went in, sort of inserted in a non-linear way, but you get the idea. We are doing well and enjoying Swargashram, beside Rishikesh. Yesterday we went to the ashram of Maraishi Makesh Yogi. The ashram is dead, with locked gates and Claire climbed over a gate and took some photos. An amazing place. I enjoyed being there and eating at a little outside cafe. We have been photographing our food which is fun and reminds us what we enjoyed and where.
Be well! I look forward to getting back to Iowa, even though I know it is remains winter in February!
With Love from Linda and Claire


















3 comments:

  1. Sooooo good to see you girls! You are both looking marvelous and that ocean looks incredibly inviting. Any non-frozen water looks gorgeous right about now : ) I love the color, and the Taj is pure splendor. Good for you for taking pictures of your food! I've always loved taking a picture of the table & food before everything is decimated (sp?) at a food/friends/family gathering. It is an art form itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No jokes at all. Good to know you are being served lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exotic!! Love all the photos of my happy travelers. Happy travels on WEdnesday. Big Aussie smooches, Nanc

    ReplyDelete