Sunday, February 8, 2009

Windy day

Good Morning!

Well, I guess that is only for Nancy. Good Evening for the rest of you! It is very windy here this morning, which is common, but it seems extra chilly. Good transitioning for coming home. I hope Wood brings my coat and gloves to the airport, though a warm car sounds divine. I rode in a car yesterday, for the first time since arriving (not counting a few taxi's, a jeep and a truck) with a high ranking yogi that had come to visit Swamiji. The way seemed to clear as we got near! But it felt like luxury. We went to a big arati ( I am probably spelling that wrong) at a very large ashram led by a swami whose name is Moonie I think. And no, not that moonie. Anyway, it was really impressive on a full moon night. They had large groups of children singing and chanting and clapping. I will try to get some photos on later. with a backdrop of a huge statue of Shiva over the Ganga.

Claire is on her way to my h0tel from the ashram, so I had best get on the move. We will do a bit of shopping since the prices are so low and there are many beautiful things. Fun to bring back a bit of India. And Stan, I got the "it's not a joke" joke of course. Ha! I like the image of your kids laughing as you are videoed. Mara, thanks for being such a faithful follower of the blog! Can't wait to see you all when I get back. The slideshow will be available upon request, or probably even if you don't mention it! :)

I will spend the next two days traveling home! It is India!

All My Best! Linda Sue

4 comments:

  1. Happy travels. We're flying in the opposite direction through Bangkok back to London and AND ICE STORM. GAD!!! Maybe it's not too late for us both to turn back. Big Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you must be sending good weather vibes our direction for your return. Tomorrow is supposed to be nearly 60, sunny, and totally spring! It will be a shock when winter arrives again, but I think we're all soaking it up to remind ourselves that winter doesn't last forever : ) I hope it is glorious on the 11th for you!

    I have to say, if I could go back and visit Elle again, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It is weird how I miss being with her in that different world. Maybe because it was such a delightful change of pace from the usual at the Clinic - ha!

    I'm hoping you are feeling recovered enough on the Big Red Day to come share the Big Red Meal with Mitch and me but will certainly understand if you are ready to collapse by evening. I hope you are able to rest some on the long flights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mom! I just wanted to let you know I've been reading your blog and have enjoyed hearing about your travels. I can't wait to see the pictures after you get home!

    Reece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda Sue -
    I've been trying to figure out how to comment since I got back from Argentina, but finally figured it out tonight (had to get a new gmail account to do it). Anyway, we are truly worldy.... you in India, Bill in Singapore... I in Argentina.......
    Your trip sounds spectacular....sometimes challenging...and very memorable (except for the bad parts). I can't wait to hear from you when you return to DM! I think you should be getting home soon..... Welcome home! Love you dearie, Connie

    ReplyDelete